GREAT TEACHERS: GREAT TEXAS
Read Wendy’s plan and sign on to show your support!
1. High school students in the top 20% of their class during junior year who commit to teaching will be guaranteed early acceptance to college and, upon completing his or her requirements and certification, a guaranteed teaching job in a Texas classroom.
2. Expand the Teach for Texas Loan Repayment Program to ensure that cost is not a barrier to pursuing a teaching career, and to tie loan repayment clearly and directly to teaching service.
3. Reestablish the Educational Aide Exemption to help teachers aides go back to school for certification as full-time teachers.
4. Create a curriculum pathway for high school students who are interested in becoming teachers.
5. Attract and retain highly-qualified teachers by increasing Texas teacher pay.
6. Increase the supply of qualified school counselors, who are required under Texas law to be certified, experienced teachers.